Atlantic Quest Sdn Bhd Personal Data Protection Notice Atlantic Quest Sdn Bhd and/or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates and jointly controlled entities (“AQ”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal data and information (“Personal Data”) and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice explains how we collect and handle your personal information in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“the Act”) which was gazetted and came into effect on the 15th of November 2013. Please note that AQ may amend this Personal Data Protection Notice at any time without prior notice and you may refer to any such amendment on our website at http://www.thelingerieshop.com.my (“Website”)
- Nature and Source of Personal Data
Nature of Personal Data Personal Data means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to AQ for the purposes stated in Section 3 below. Your Personal Data may include but not limited to your name, NRIC number, contact details, prescription details, financial and banking account details, and CCTV/security recordings.
Source of Personal Data
Customers of potential customer: AQ collects your Personal Data directly from you and/or indirectly from your legal representatives’ agents, employers when you, your legal representatives, agents and/or employers purchase or enquire about our products and services via various means, including electronically and physical hardcopies at our outlets, roadshows, showcases, exhibitions or any other promotional events.
By accessing the Website, cookies will be collected as well. However, should you wish your Personal Data to not be collected via cookies you may deactivate cookies via your internet browser’s settings page.
- Failure to Provide Personal Data
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary however all Personal Data requested by us from you is obligatory and failure to provide such Personal Data will: –
Result in us being unable to provide you with the notices, services and/or products requested; and result in us being unable to update you on our latest product, promotions and/or launches
- Purpose for the Collection of Personal Data The Personal Data collected from you by AQ will be used by us for the following purposes but not limited to: –
- To process your requested purchases or services;
- To facilitate your participation in any contests or events;
- To administer and communicate with you in relation to our services and/or events;
- For internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of our business
- To contact you regarding products, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which may be interest to you;
- Prevention of crime;
- Our internal records management, customer relation events and activities, and customer loyalty reward program; and
- Any subsequent commercial transactions in relation to any projects, products and/or services.
Where you have indicated your consent to receiving marketing or promotional updates from AQ, you may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time by notifying us at the contact details as provided in Section 6 below.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to us will generally be kept confidential but you hereby consent to us disclosing your Personal Data to other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on our behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (the list is NOT exhaustive): –
- Data entry service providers;
- Storage facility providers;
- Banks and financial institutions;
- Professional advisors and external auditors;
- Information technology (IT) service providers; and
- Our appointer service providers in relation of our loyalty programmes, for the purpose of delivery gift redemption and services.
- Third parties are legally tasked with processing your Personal Data in line with principles specified by AQ.
- Choices to Limit Processing of Personal Data
The Personal Data provided to us undergoes processing as and when required or upon scheduled maintenance. The definition of processing defines it as “any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction.”
You have the right to limit in part of wholly any of the processes by which your data is subjected to in terms of the operations allowed to be performed upon it, the period of time allowed or alternatively the date line of the consent given.
The responsibility for compliance rests on the shoulders of AQ who determines the purposes and means of the processing of Personal Data.
You may at any time withdraw or amend, in full or in part, your processing consent given previously, in each case subjected to any applicable legal restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable time period in person at our corporate offices located at the address given in Section 6 below.
- Right to Access and Correct Personal Data
You have the right to access and correct your personal information held by us (subjects always to certain exemptions). We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal information is accurate and up to date therefore we ask that if there are changes to your information you should notify us directly at the contact details below: –
ATLANTIC QUEST SDN BHD
No. 51, Jalan Jejaka 2,
Taman Maluri, Cheras,
55100, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: +603- 9200 4882
Fax: +603- 9200 4001
- Friendly Reminder
Our company website applies appropriate security application in order to prevent the leaking of customers’ personal identification details from third parties, illegal disclosure and hackers. However, please bear in mind that any information transmitted through Internet is NOT 100% guaranteed safe and secure.